We love roasted sweet potatoes cold on salads, grain bowls, or warm for breakfast or a side dish. Sometimes my kids gobble them up as a snack right after I take them out of the oven. This is a sweet and savory version that we all enjoy. I usually double the recipe as we use them up quickly.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
1 sweet potato
1 Tbsp. high heat safe, healthy fat such as non-hydrogenated lard, chicken tallow, beef tallow
1-3 tsp. RealTaste Nurture Seasoning
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Drizzle with pure maple syrup
1. Heat oven to 400
2. Dice unpeeled sweet potatoes in cubes, the size of a game dice
3. Place on a large cookie sheet lined with natural parchment paper
4. Place fat on the sweet potatoes and put in the oven for 3 minutes, to melt
5. Toss sweet potatoes with the melted fat, nurture, and cinnamon
6. Roast for 25 minutes, or until tender
7. Remove from the oven and drizzle with maple syrup; toss to coat
8. Cool and store in the fridge for up to a week
Sweet potatoes vary in size. The recipe is for a typical size sweet potato. The fat and seasoning amounts are just a guideline and can be used to taste.