This recipe uses ingredients that you're likely to have on hand. What's even better? It comes together very quickly.
Simple Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
1/2 cup honey
3/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. raw, organic apple cider vinegar
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1/2 tsp. dry, crushed red chili flakes
2 Tbsp. hot water
1. Mix honey, water, salt, garlic and red chili flakes together.
2. Heat in a small pan until boils
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Cool mixture and add apple cider vinegar.
5. Store in the fridge.
6. If it crystalizes in the fridge, gently re-heat to use again.
I hate to heat raw honey, but it's a good trade off in comparison to the sugar laden sweet chili sauce alternatives.