3 cups organic rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/3 cup organic coconut oil, melted
2/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. coconut, or vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. RealTaste Peace seasoning, or cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
3. Spread out on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
5. Cool completely.
6. Mix in dried fruit and nuts, if desired.
7. Store in a covered container.
You can use sprouted rolled oats for increased aid in digestion. For the most economical option, look for bulk sprouted rolled oats online.
I like mine extra crunchy, so I leave it on the pan, on the counter all night before putting in an airtight container for storage.
I think coconut extract makes this granola, but experiment to find what you like. You could try almond extract as well.