Save a little taste of summer with this naturally sweetened jam. No pectin, no special equipment and no fuss. This one's easy! My kids prefer strawberry rhubarb jam. If you'd like to give that a try, see notes at the bottom of the page.
1 lb. rhubarb, sliced *see notes
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp. vanilla, optional
1. Mix rhubarb, lemon juice, and maple syrup in a pot.
2. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
3. Reduce heat to medium and maintain a low boil 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
5. Pour hot jam into jars. Cool and store in the fridge.
6. Store extra jars in the freezer, making sure to leave 1 inch headspace in jars to allow for expansion.
For a Strawberry Rhubarb Jam, substitute half of the rhubarb with strawberries.
You can process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes, if desired, for shelf stable storage.