40-48 mini tarts
3/4 cup whole nuts, *see notes for alternative
1/3 cup shredded or flaked coconut, unsweetened
1/3 cup pitted dates
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1. Put nuts and coconut into a small blender, or food processor.
2. Chop the dates into pieces after measuring. They take longer to break down than the nuts, so this will help the mixture break down properly.
3. Add dates, salt and vanilla.
4. Pulse, scraping down and stirring up mixture from the bottom occasionally, until it comes together. Make sure not to over blend, or it will start turning to nut butter. You want a lighter texture that's a bit course like below.
5. Press about 1 unpacked teaspoon into each cup of a lined mini cupcake pan.
6. The crust makes double the amount, so you can either double the filling, or press more into each mini tart form for a thicker crust, freeze the remaining amount to use for another batch, or make a batch of these.
Key Lime Filling
Makes 20-24 mini tarts
1 ripe avocado
4 T. lime juice
4 T. maple syrup
1/8 tsp. sea salt
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. Place ingredients in a small blender, or food processor.
2. Blend until very smooth.
3. Pour into individual tarts.
4. Freeze until firm.
5. Top with garnish of choice and serve.
I like to put the filling in a small baggie and snip off just a tiny piece of the corner. I can then more easily transfer the filling into each of the mini tarts without a big mess; similar to piping icing, but the key lime filling is a bit more runny.