This recipe is nice for variety. It's a welcome change from the typical rolled oats used in granola. Go ahead and substitute other nuts in place of the seeds, if desired.
Quinoa Breakfast Crunch
1. Heat oven to 300.
2. Toast quinoa for 20 minutes.
3. Stir and cook another 15-20 minutes.
4. Mix hot quinoa with nut butter.
5. Mix in sweetener and seeds.
6. Store in the fridge and use as you would granola.
Make sure you either buy pre-washed quinoa, or rinse/soak and dry it yourself.
Add unsweetened coconut, if desired.
The quinoa will be a little hard right after you mix it up, but it will be perfect after sitting overnight in the fridge.
MAKE IT EVEN MORE HEALTHY
Use organic ingredients.
Use sprouted and dried quinoa.
Use nut butter made from sprouted or soaked nuts.
Use raw local honey, if using honey.
Use sprouted or soaked and dried pumpkin and sunflower seeds.