I adore beets raw, roasted or fermented. Their earthy sweet flavor is divine. Whether you are or are not a fan of beets, give this a try, I think you'll like it.
Easy Roasted Beets
1. Heat oven to 425.
2. Wash beets and cut top and end off.
3. Place unpeeled beets in a baking dish.
4. Drizzle fat over the beets and sprinkle with salt.
5. Cover and roast for 1 hour, or until the beets are tender when pierced with a fork.
6. Cooking time will depend on the size of the beets. I prefer to keep them whole to keep removing the skin easier.
7. When the beets are cool enough to handle, run them under cool water while rubbing off the skin. It should just slip off.
8. At this point, they may be diced or sliced.
9. Store covered in the fridge for a week.
10. They may also be frozen in an airtight container.