Whole Grain Sourdough Banana Pancakes
Makes 18 pancakes
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cup sourdough starter
2 bananas, mashed
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. vanilla, or coconut extract, optional
3/4 tsp. organic baking soda
1. Beat egg in a medium-large bowl.
2. Whisk in starter, bananas, salt, and vanilla.
3. Whisk baking soda into batter.
4. For fluffier pancakes, let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Cook on a hot 375-400 degree griddle.
6. Top with sliced bananas and pure maple syrup, if desired.
I use a whole grain Einkorn sourdough starter at 100% hydration.
If you would like to start an easy Einkorn sourdough starter, see instructions here.
For more information on maintaining your sourdough starter, see instructions here.
I like to order Einkorn wheat berries in bulk here.