Whole Grain Sourdough Pumpkin Pancakes
Makes 16-18 pancakes
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cup sourdough starter, 100% hydration
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. vanilla, or coconut extract, optional
3/4 tsp. organic baking soda
1. Beat egg in a medium-large bowl.
2. Whisk in starter, pumpkin, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla.
3. Whisk baking soda into batter.
4. For fluffier pancakes, let sit for 5-10 minutes.
5. Cook on a hot 375-400 degree griddle.
6. Top with pure maple syrup, if desired.
If you would like to start an easy Einkorn sourdough starter, see instructions here.
For more information on maintaining your sourdough starter, see instructions here.
I like to order Einkorn wheat berries in bulk here.