This dish is quick, but it will need your full attention for 2 1/2 minutes. Have everything ready to go and you'll be enjoying succulent shrimp in no time.
2 1/2 Minute Cajun Shrimp
1 lb. raw, wild caught shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 tsp. RealTaste Elevate Seasoning, or to taste
1 lime, juiced
2 Tbsp. organic butter, or ghee
1. Mix shrimp, garlic, Elevate and lime juice
2. Heat a skillet to medium heat.
3. Place fat in pan and melt.
4. Add shrimp and turn over when shrimp just starts to change color, about 1 minute and 15 seconds.
7. Flip to the other side and cook about 1 minute and 15 seconds more, or just until pink. The shrimp will continue to cook as they cool.
Shrimp cook fast, be careful to not overcook them! You want them to have what I can best describe as a pop when you bite into them. You definitely don't want shrimp with a chewy texture.
I like to use 24 count per pound; it's not too big and not too small.
This pairs perfectly on a green salad with black beans and mango avocado salsa over a bed of brown rice or buckwheat.
Save the shrimp shells to make seafood broth. Store the shells in the freezer if you don't make it right away.