1 lb. organic, ground beef
1 onion, diced
2 Tbsp. RealTaste Lift seasoning
2 (28 oz) diced, unsalted tomatoes *see notes
2 Tbsp. RealTaste Amore seasoning, or to taste
1 cup unsalted broth, or water
1. Brown ground beef and onion. See notes below.
2. Drain fat and liquid from ground beef.
3. Place cooked meat in a slow cooker, or pot and season with Lift seasoning.
4. Slow Cooker: Add remaining ingredients and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or just until warmed through.
5. Stove Top: Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a gentle boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Serve over brown rice pasta; brown rice, or another whole grain; spaghetti squash or vegetable spirals.
If your tomatoes are salted, you may need less Amore seasoning.
You can use cooked lentils, diced mushrooms, or zucchini for some or all of the ground beef.
I buy part of a cow every year, so my meat is usually frozen and I don't usually think ahead to thaw it. I like to cook frozen ground beef and onion on high in a slow cooker for 1-2 hours, stirring and breaking up after 1 hour.