1 lb. organic, ground beef
2 Tbsp. RealTaste Love seasoning
2 (28 oz) diced, unsalted tomatoes, crushed or diced *see notes
2 Tbsp. RealTaste Amore seasoning, or to taste
1 cup unsalted water, or broth
1. Brown ground beef. See notes below.
2. Drain fat and liquid from ground beef.
3. Place cooked meat in a slow cooker, or pot and season with Love seasoning.
4. Slow Cooker: Add remaining ingredients and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or just until warmed through.
5. Stove Top: Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a gentle boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Serve over brown rice pasta; brown rice, or another whole grain; spaghetti squash or vegetable spirals.
If your tomatoes are salted, you may need less Amore seasoning.
If your tomatoes are diced, pulse them a couple times in a blender. You don't want them to be completely smooth, but the sauce will be runny if they aren't crushed up a bit. Alternatively, it will be runny if you blend them until smooth. You just want a crushed texture.
You can use cooked lentils, diced mushrooms, or zucchini for some or all of the ground beef.
I buy part of a cow every year, so my meat is usually frozen and I don't usually think ahead to thaw it. I like to cook frozen ground beef on high in a slow cooker for 1-2 hours, stirring and breaking up after 1 hour and every 30 minutes after that, until done.