We love Indian food and Mango Lassi's are a delicious treat. This is one of our favorite ways to use kefir or raw yogurt.
Place ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
1. You can use less sweetener if you like.
2. You can use strawberries in place of mangoes.
3. If you feel lassi is lacking flavor, add 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice to enhance the flavor. This is especially helpful if your mangoes are not particularly flavorful. You could also use lime, or orange juice in place of lemon juice.
4. I usually use organic frozen mangoes. It gives the drink a nice thick consistency and they are very convenient to use. However, some brands pick and package their mangoes before they are fully ripe. This imparts a chalky mouthfeel. If you run across that, look for another brand. I have had good success with Costco frozen mangoes.
5. More mangoes equal a thicker lassi, add 1-2 cups depending on your preference.
You can throw in some greens with the kefir and blend until smooth before adding other ingredients. This will change the pretty color, but if you are looking for a way to add greens into your diet, give it a go.