Thanks to my friend Caryn for introducing me to this yummy breakfast. It tastes like it should be dessert! It's a fun and yummy change for breakfast.
Caryn's Custard Egg Breakfast Bowl
2 eggs, beaten
1 banana, mashed well
1 tsp. coconut oil
Toppings: Anything goes, but we enjoy berries, granola or nuts, sweetened grain berries, dried unsweetened coconut etc.
1. In a small bowl, beat eggs.
2. Mash banana until smooth and combine with eggs.
3. Heat a small skillet to low.
4. Add coconut oil.
5. When the coconut oil is melted, add egg mixture.
6. Stir every 30 seconds to 1 minute. Eggs are best cooked low and slow.
7. When the mixture starts to firm up, you can flip it, instead of stirring.
8. This only takes a few minutes and you don't want to over-cook the eggs. As soon as it is about the texture of oatmeal, it's done. It won't be very pretty, but it's delicious. It tastes similar to custard.
9. Place in 2 bowls and top with desired toppings.